Incident Report Details
42 YOM reported that the pedal on stationary bike snapped off during a ride, which hurt him, he didn't get 1st aid.
- Product Description: Peloton Bike 2016. Pedals ripped off during ride.
- Manufacturer/Importer/Private Labeler Name: Peloton Interactive, Inc.
- Brand Name: Peloton
- Model Name or Number: Original Peloton Bike
- Serial Number:
- UPC Code:
- Date Manufactured:
- Retailer: Peloton
- Retailer State:
- Purchase Date: 1/4/2016
- Product Category: Sports and Recreation
- Product Type: Track, Field & Exercise
- Product Code: Exercise Equipment (3277)
- Incident Description: Peloton pedal on original Peloton bike snapped off during a ride, which hurt !
- Incident Date: 10/14/2020
- Incident Location: Home/Apartment/Condominium
- Injury Information: Injury - No First Aid or Medical Attention Received
- My Relationship to the Victim: Self
- Gender: Male
- Victim's Age When Incident Occurred: 42 years
Comments from the Manufacturer/Private Labeler
- The safety and satisfaction of our Members are Peloton’s top priorities. Peloton notes that on October 15, 2020, it announced a voluntary recall of the out-of-warranty PR70P Clip-In Pedals that were the subject of this report. Peloton provided direct notice of the recall, by email and through the bikes’ touchscreens, to purchasers of Peloton bikes originally fitted with these first-generation pedals, who had not already replaced the pedals. Peloton has worked with the consumer to resolve the issue to his full satisfaction.
- Submitter has product?: Yes
- Product was damaged before incident?: No
- Product was modified before incident?: No
- If yes to any, explanation: Contacted Peloton with no resolution. Unacceptable
- Have you contacted the manufacturer?: Yes
- If Not, Do you plan to?:
- Report Number: 20201015-D95FC-2023841
- Report Date: 10/15/2020
- Sent to Manufacturer/Importer/Private Labeler: 11/19/2020
- Report First Publication Date: 12/4/2020
- Category of Submitter: Consumer