Incident Report Details
Consumer's 3 YOM was found by father to be not breathing and pulseless - he was resuscitated and now has significant brain injury. He had marks on his back, neck injury and petechiae on face. He was taken to a hospital.
- Product Description: Peloton Tread+
- Manufacturer/Importer/Private Labeler Name: Peloton Interactive, Inc.
- Brand Name: Peloton
- Model Name or Number: Tread
- Serial Number:
- UPC Code:
- Date Manufactured:
- Retailer State:
- Purchase Date:
- Product Category: Sports and Recreation
- Product Type: Track, Field & Exercise
- Product Code: Exercise Equipment (3277)
- Incident Description: 3 yo boy was trapped under a Peloton Tread Plus, found by his father to be not breathing and pulseless - he was resuscitated and now has significant brain injury. He was found to have tread marks on his back matching the slats of the treadmill, neck injury, and petechiae on his face, presumably from occlusion of blood flow.
- Incident Date: 2/3/2021
- Incident Location: Home/Apartment/Condominium
- Injury Information: Injury - Hospital Admission
- My Relationship to the Victim: Unspecified
- Gender: Male
- Victim's Age When Incident Occurred: 3 years
Comments from the Manufacturer/Private Labeler
- Peloton Interactive, Inc.: Peloton only learned of this incident from the report to the CPSC database and our hearts go out to the family. Peloton takes product safety issues very seriously. We investigate each CPSC database report and encourage Members to contact us about any issue or incident with our products by calling us at 1-844-410-0141. We do not have further details on this report. The Peloton Tread+ is designed for use by people over the age of 16, weighing over 105 lbs. We urge Members to follow the Tread+ product warnings and safety instructions by keeping children and pets away from exercise equipment at all times, and to always remove the safety key when the Tread+ is not in use and store the safety key out of the reach of children.
Peloton Interactive, Inc.: Peloton is pleased that the Member contacted us on March 17, 2021 to report that the child is expected to fully recover.
- Submitter has product?: Yes
- Product was damaged before incident?: No
- Product was modified before incident?:
- If yes to any, explanation:
- Have you contacted the manufacturer?: No
- If Not, Do you plan to?:
- Report Number: 20210213-97C35-2147365910
- Report Date: 2/13/2021
- Sent to Manufacturer/Importer/Private Labeler: 3/4/2021
- Report First Publication Date: 3/18/2021
- Category of Submitter: Health Care Professional